CONSTITUTION OF THE UICC- ASIAN REGIONAL OFFICE
ARTICLE I – ORGANIZATIONAL STATUS AND HEADQUARTERS
- The name of the organization shall be the Asian Pacific Organization for Cancer PreventionUICC Asian Regional Office (hereinafter called the UICC-ARO) based in the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research in Tokyo, Japan.
- The UICC-ARO is a non-political and non-profit organization duly organized and existing under and by virtue of the co-operative participation of the UICC National Committee in Japan and collaborating scientists in the Asian Pacific region countries, engaged in the common effort to prevent cancer development and control.
- The objective of the UICC-ARO is to promote all aspects of cancer prevention and control in the Asian Pacific region countries and collaborate with other organizations for this purpose.
ARTICLE II – ACTIVITIES
- Facilitate in the exchange of ideas, scientists and other workers in the field of cancer prevention and control between Asian Pacific region countries.
- Assist in the sharing of information and collaboration by Asia scientists.
- Assist in publication of the official journal, the Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention (APJCP), in cooperation with the Asian Pacific Organization for Cancer Prevention.
- Organize training courses in response to the proposals of the member scientists.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP
- Open to whom?
ARTICLE IV - THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- The Executive Committee shall be the supreme governing body. It will define the general policy of the UICC-ARO and shall convene during the ? meetings for this purpose.
- The voting Executive Committee shall be composed of members as follows: ?????. Exercise of voting can only be on the basis of attendance and not proxy, with one vote for each ?.
- The Chairman of the Executive Council shall provide facilities in the program for the meetings of the Executive Council.
- The voting procedure of the Executive Committee shall be as follows:
b. Non-voting representatives from IARC, UICC and WHO will be welcome to attend, along with Ministry of Health Officials from countries of the Asian Pacific region ???.
ARTICLE V - CHAIRMAN OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE/APOCP
The Chairperson of the Executive Committee shall be a volunteer with the following responsibilities: 1. Preside at all meetings of the Committee 2. Delegate the CEO of the UICC-ARO to take the leadership in projected activities.
ARTICLE VI – FINANCES
- The Finance Committee shall be composed of the CEA, the Chairperson and Finance Director. They shall serve for two-year period if willing and able, and shall be eligible for re-election.
- The expenses of the UICC-ARO shall be met by the ???
- The Finance Committee shall be charged with the tasks of:
a. Fund-raising in member countries and determining the financial needs of the UICC-ARO.
b. Custody of funds, securities and other effects of the UICC-ARO which come into its possession at any time.
c. Over-seeing, accounting and auditing of the financial matters and making recommendations to the Executive Committee thereon.
d. Seeking contributions and donations from organizations, corporations, individuals and non-member-organizations. However, such activities by the Finance Committee shall not be initiated without the approval of the Executive Committee.
e. Submitting a complete yearly report of the financial status to the Executive Committee.
ARTICLE VIII – AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
- The Constitution may be amended at the Executive Committee on a majority vote after due discussion of proposals put forward by Individual members.
- Emergency meetings of the Executive Committee may be held with 60 days notice given to all members.
ARTICLE X – RELATIONS
- With the exception of powers delegated by the General Assembly to individuals, instruments should be valid only if signed by the President, the Chairperson and the Cooperation Director of the Executive Committee.
- The UICC-ARO shall not be committed and instruments executed on its behalf will not be valid without the relevant signatures.
- Members and officials of the UICC-ARO shall incur no personal liability in respect of the commitments of the UICC-ARO.